We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Monday, January 23, 2006

Belated non-resolutions

Every year I make a mental list of New Year resolutions and the never seem to stick past the end of January. I thought that maybe if I title them as "non-resolutions" that this year I might have some luck. They are all in the vein of lifestyle modifications and I KNOW that if somehow I can follow through on any of them my mental state will give me a big old "cheers". I have come up with a general list that I think should cut it.

  1. Organization--meaning, my finances, my home, my desk at work and my life in general. I always thought my Mum bugging me about cleaning my room was ridiculous, but now I am seeing that I really need to listen. If I know where my things are, I will minimize my mini-freakouts in the mornings as I am rushing off to work and cant for the life of me find where I put my glasses, our creditcard bill, cable bill various other necessities.
  2. Health--This counts both towards healthy eating as it does exercising. The most exercise I have had since Grade 12 gym class has been walking to and from the car...doesnt really count, and let me tell ya my muscles are not impressed. (Started doing situps and the like this weekend...my abs are killing me) I would really love for at least one summer since I was 16 to feel fabulous in a bikini. I mean I wear them, but dont feel like the sex pot that I deserve to be in one. And as I have been fast learning, I do not know what constitutes as "healthy eating" I used to think trail mix was a healthy snack until the hub explained that "no hun, thats 250 calories PER SERVING" great, as I had just finished about 2.5 servings that were in the bag! I have been making healthier choices in my diet and am going to just have to swear off McDonalds for life.
  3. Motivation-- I have great ideas for things that I want to learn and accomplish in my life. I want to go back to school, I want to finish cleaning my apartment, I want to learn to use my manual camera, to travel more, to save money, to be crafty (not in the insidious way more so in the Martha Stewart way) I plan to strive to complete tasks this year (like the quilt that I started for Hubs birthday in July...and is in three pieces lying around our bedroom...;) ) I am gona get off my ass and start studying for my GMAT and try to take some steps to get me where I want to be in life.

So we will just all see where this goes in the coming months, but I feel at 25, now is as good a time as any to get my shit together and be happy. I figure that since I have been neglecting my journal in the past few months, this is a good way for me to keep on top of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home