We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Monday, January 30, 2006

Who's that girl (la la la la la la la la)

Clearly I am not that girl. I see these women every day on my way to and from work (and on my lunch break as well) They just look so polished and put together. They have fab hair, clothes, shoes and some how their makeup just looks perfectly applied for the duration of the day.

I am not frumpy, dowdy, drab or ugly, but as I am walking along side these girls my middle school ugly duckling complex rears its ugly head. I put makeup on in such a way to enhance my features not to look like a cake face, but I think it lasts from the time I leave my apt until I get to work, it just doesn’t stay on my face. I can do nothing with my hair. It’s long and thick and I am spastic when trying to do something with it. All my awesome hairdo adventures look like I let a kid play beauty shop with my head. So my all so exciting styles range from down and staticy to pseudo ponytail to the ever popular dressy pony tail…its kinda limiting. And no matter how hard I try to buy “cool” clothes and dress cool it just doesn’t work. I come across as having a lack of coolness factor, but its just sad. I want to be polished and put together and not still look and dress like I did in high school.

1 Comments:

  • polish schmolish. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. You might not think you looks good in your clothes (you'd be wrong) but I can tell you you sure look good out of them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At February 07, 2006 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home