We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, December 22, 2006

Took a long time to come...

I have had a really good week. Like I mean really good. D and I keep talking about how 2007 is going to be our year…we even have a song called “This will be our year” by Ok Go which we have been singing to each other lately to remind us:

The warmth of your love’s
Like the warmth of the sun
And this will be our year,
Took a long time to come.
Don’t let go of my hand
Now the darkness is gone
And this will be our year,
Took a long time to come.
And I won’t forget the way you held me
Up when I was down.
And I won’t forget the way you said
“Darling, I love you.”
You gave me faith to go on,
Now we’re there,
And we’ve only just begun.
This will be our year,
Took a long time to come.
The warmth of your smile,
Smile for me little one.
And this will be our year,
Took a long time to come.
You don’t have to worry,
All your worry days are gone.
And this will be our year,
Took a long to come
And I won’t forget the way you held me
Up when I was down.
And I won’t forget the way you said
“Darling, I love you.”
You gave me faith to go on,
Now we’re there,
And we’ve only just begun.
This will be our year,
Took a long time to come.
Yeah, we’ve only just begun.
And this will be our year,
Took a long time to....

So yeah now everyone can sing along. We have just had a really good week which is starting to make me feel like things are turning around for us. Wednesday night we went to see the Premier of Rocky Balboa with some friends. You sort of can’t help but feel inspired with movies like that. The soundtrack alone makes me want to triumph over adversity! Then yesterday D won two tickets to the New Years Gala that we already had tickets to. So we sold ours and are now essentially getting paid to go to a kick ass bash to ring in 2007.


I am trying not to get too insanely optimistic, but I know that I am going to work very hard to make this a good year. I don’t think it could possibly be worse than 2006 (please God don’t let anyone else I love die just yet)
Already we have some lovely things planned for this year. Mum and I are taking a “get away from it all” trip just the two of us in February. I think we will be going to Antigua, just to walk on beaches and drink yummy drinks and relax. Then in May D and I are going to Montreal to celebrate his little cousin’s graduation from high school. One of my maid’s of honour lives up there too so it will be nice to get to spend time with her as well. Then in July we are heading to Vancouver and Victoria for a week of vacationing, visiting friends and attending my uncle’s wedding. We also have a wedding in Ontario in August. Interspersed in here will be the births of a few babies. Hurray.
This afternoon we head out to Toronto for Christmas. Our friends Jen and Lance (the adorable newlyweds) will be picking us up at the airport and taking us to hang at their new house. I can't wait to see their new pad and to chill with them and their cool cats. Tomorrow morning we will head to Barrie where we meet my Mum and start the festivities. Will be a nice few days. Please pray for nice weather for us cause I really would love to actually have my flight be on time!
Also found out yesterday that Nicole named her son Maxwell Robertson. I can't wait to come home after Christmas and kiss and kiss and kiss that baby.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Hey there... just a quick comment to thank you for stopping by my blog and complimenting my photography. And to answer your question, I use a Nikon D50 and I *love* it. It's a great camera.

    By Blogger steve, At December 29, 2006 10:23 AM  

  • Bring on the optimism... I pray that this really will be your year! Love, T

    By Blogger Stephen and Tara, At December 29, 2006 12:24 PM  

  • Dear Stargazer, I received this song on a mix and had no idea who it was. Instead of just asking the creator of the mix (an assortment of reasons) I instead consulted the great Internet... and you were my top Blackle choice. So as I now put it on a mix for someone else, I can confidently print a playlist... and who knows, maybe you've indirectly helped a great relationship grow. Thanks.

    By Blogger Unknown, At September 24, 2007 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home