We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Monday, October 23, 2006

Two years down, forever to go

Today is my two year anniversary. I can't believe that much time has passed; I feel like so much and nothing has happened in that time. Not sure if it makes sense. We marked the occasion with a trip down to Bethany Beach Delaware for the weekend. Just hung out, ate a plethora of seafood (crab legs) and snuggled and watched When Harry Met Sally (my fave movie he surprised me by bringing down. All in all good times.

Thursday night we played Quizzo at Fergies (see www.quizzo.com for further details) we didn't win, but we didn't come in last so that's a plus. I got all excited by a recipe on the back of the Malt vinegar bottle so I carefully peeled it off so I could try it. This is it:

Peachy Chicken

Drain 1 can (16 ounces) peaches, reserving liquid; set aside. In large skillet, brown 2-1/2 lbs skinned chicken pieces in 1Tablespoon vegetable oil. Combine reserved peach liquid ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, ¼ cup Heinz malt vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon basil leaves, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ EACH ground cloves and cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins or until chicken is cooked. Add peaches, heat. Combine 2 tablespoons EACH cornstarch and water, stir into sauce. Heat stirring until sauce is thickened. Serve chicken and sauce with rice. Makes 4-5 servings.


I have no idea if it's any good, it just sounded intriguing...and going with my cooking is fun theme from lately I thought I might try it.

1 Comments:

  • Hey I've been wanting to peel the label off the vinegar bottle at the restaurant, but I figured "hey, it will be on the web, somewhere." Little did I know what a challenge finding the actual recipe would be. Thank you for being such a rebel and stealing the label!!! Your blog reminds me of my own writing style. I'll have to log back in and read again. Thanks from a fellow cooking blogger - Melissa

    By Blogger Melissa, At July 02, 2007 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home