We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, October 06, 2006

a small annoyance

There is a woman in my office, who despite all my best efforts I can't STAND. She is rude, always interrupting into conversations and then steering them away from what people were talking about. She is a close talker, she takes forever to get her work done and then always complains about how much she has to do...makes me (and all my other coworkers nuts) But she has started a new "thing" which is making working in a cubicle near her even worse! She is now continually on the phone--and she talks about certain things really loud in the hopes that we will question her about them. AHHHHH. She was just on the phone for about 20 mins to someone and she kept saying things that didnt need to be said. Over and Over. Apparently whom ever she was talking to just got back from Iraq, and is having a hard time getting his benefits, but blah blah blah. It just reminds me of those kids in highschool who used to talk really loudly about getting stoned or drunk or having sex in the hopes that someone would overhear and deem them cool. I guess part of her strategy is working cause I have been listening to her talk, but I really don't give half a shit about her friend nor will I inquire as to what she is talking about. There is office cell phone ettiquette and it doesn't involve yaking and yaking while people are trying to work (or in my case blog)

Am happy we get a long weekend this week. Its not the same as Canadian Thanksgiving, but it sure is nice to have one more day at home. No big plans, Hubs brother is home for a bit from South America so I am assuming there will be some serious Eagles watching come Sunday...its against Dallas (I actually don't care that much but tis fun to watch them get all worked up)

1 Comments:

  • Ugh. I hate people like that! In my old office, the guy nearest to me had a Nextel and I could hear his walkie talkie conversations ALL DAY LONG.

    By Blogger Unknown, At October 10, 2006 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home