We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Since last time

Anyway, since last time I posted I have been busy. My weekend in Canada was awesome and as usual went by way too fast. I got to spend some quality time with my family which was so important to me and out of no where on Sunday the doorbell rang and it was my best friend (and former maid of honour) Erin and her boyfriend Steve. They had driven up from a town about 2 hours away and just surprised us with a visit. I usually can detect a surprise a mile away (or so I think) but I went to get the door and started to cry.
It was lovely, and we just hung out, went for a drink, sat down by the water and chatted. It's weird as we haven't seen each other since October, but we have that awesome soul connection kind of friendship where no matter how long it's been since we have seen each other it is always the same. Most of our friendship has been long distance, but we have often filled the space with letters and many phone calls. Anyway, point being, was awesome to see her.

This past weekend we went up to Jersey City for a wedding. Was a lovely wedding, and was a lot of fun to get to hang out with D's family. He has some awesome cousins. We headed off Sunday around 11:30 for the 2 hour ride back to Philly. We had decided that we would finally get around to running errands that we have been putting off for months. The New Jersey Turnpike threw a wrench into our plans. We got part way home and then due to an overturned tractor trailer we had to park for over 2.5 hours...it was boring and I was getting grumpy, but then a really cute Bruce Springsteen song came on the radio and Hub took me outside the car and we slowdanced to "Tougher than the rest" I ask you who is a more fitting artist to dance to on the NJT than the Boss. So it gave the day a cute romantic spin. I can count on the Boss to fix all of lifes problems through music generally. I love that man. Needless to say none of the errands were run and we got home around 6:30. So we just hung out and watched Sports Centre. (not my choosing ;) )
*note my super white legs. This is me chilling with Attitude on the stupid turnpike*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home