We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

on turning 26

I thought I would attempt to post 26 things I have learned this past year but I can only think of a few. Apparently hitting your mid twenties means that your brain capacity is no longer at its peak. I can remember things that happened when I was 16, but I am having difficulties remembering what I did a week ago. So instead just 26 random facts about not-so-young stargazer….

My socks seldom match
I have two tattoos and a belly button piercing
Used to have my tongue pierced but took it out as my Mum hated it
I talk to my Mum everyday either on MSN or by phone
I talk in my sleep
I have a weakness for Hub’s homemade guacamole
I am addicted to hand sanitizer and I refuse to touch door handles to bathrooms, poles in subways and most hand railings
I have OCD when it comes to checking my email and snail mail
I still believe in Santa Claus
I believe in Fairies
I eternally will picture my brothers are 7 and 9 while they are actually 21 and 23
I forget to answer when someone calls me Mrs…not used to that yet
I continually worry that I won’t be a good mother (yet no kids on the horizon yet so not sure why I worry)
I cried in the season finale for Ghost Whisperer.
I cannot get enough celebrity gossip, insane addiction to dlisted.com and pinkisthenewblog.com dont actually understand the infatuation, but I just cant wait to see what next befalls Britney Spears...
I use caller id much to my advantage…don’t know what I would do if I had to answer my cell phone to find out who was calling
I still sometimes get scared of the dark
I can be insanely naïve and gullible also too trusting
I call my dad for about 2 weeks leading up to my birthday reminding him of how many sleeps it is til my bday. I have done this for ten years, I don’t know why its not like he would ever forget.
I am 100% totally in love with the song “In your Eyes” it makes me want to cry and laugh and smile and marry John Cusack all at once.
I have been known to drunkenly sing “Sexual Healing” over the phone to Hub.
I am not good at yelling or getting mad I just tend to get frustrated then cry. My family was not a yelly family so I am just not used to it.
I am sad that I don’t get to have another wedding (even though we already had two one in Canada and one in the US)
I love shopping, especially for shoes, yet I cannot seem to find a comfy pair to save my life.
I still sometimes wish I was a smoker, yet every time I have cigarettes I feel nasty the next morning
I have never met a famous person.

Ok so wasn’t the most insightful list or the most interesting, but that is me, in 26 facts take it or leave it. A random fact of the day--I CANNOT STOP singing "C is for cookie" by the Cookie Monster.

3 Comments:

  • Lists are the best! I do not touch handles to bathrooms. When they set up my new landline, I asked three times to make sure that caller ID would start working right away. Two weddings! You lucky girl.

    By Blogger Clearlykels, At July 18, 2006 4:25 PM  

  • John Cusack is inexplicably sexy. He's, like, trapped-in-a-movie-scene-being-sexy sexy. There are only a few people like this -- with this across-space-and-time mojo.

    I gotta get me some of that.

    By Blogger Trebuchet, At July 21, 2006 12:54 PM  

  • as a fellow 26-year older i know where you're coming from there.

    i remember things from years and years ago, but i couldnt tell you what sandwich i had at work yesterday!

    By Blogger Neilissimo, At August 09, 2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home