We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Young Innocence

When I was about 7 my Brownie (young girl scouts/guides) leaders house was robbed. I remember thinking that it was so awful and we were all scared once we heard about it. I only got more confused and upset as time went on and the people responsible were caught..it was my next door neighbours daughter and one of her friends. I was so troubled as up to that point I had only thought that men were "bad guys" I was sure that this couldnt be right...women didnt do bad things, men did. I felt totally betrayed by my gender...I just didnt get it. I think its strange, but that feeling of loss has always stuck with me...I have always been a bit naieve and trusting, but that was a big shock to me, the first time that my certainty had been proven false.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home