We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Too much of a good (free) thing

This morning from 10-12 with a cool coaster sized coupon, Starbucks was giving out free drip coffee. Normally I have a cup of coffee when I get in to work in the morning and drink water for the rest of the day but I decided, free is free right? So I went and got myself a free coffee...I have regretted it all afternoon as I have been suffering from some form of caffeine overdose. Clearly I am a girl who doesn't know her limits! My heart has been pounding and I keep feeling like I need to take really deep yoga-type breaths. How lame am I that I just overdose on coffee?!

:::

I have been trying really hard lately to motivate myself to get into shape. I have never really been that fit and I can always seem to make excuses to sit on the couch or read a good book instead of do anything active. BUT, last night I managed to get on the treadmill and power walk for just over 3 miles :) This is a big accomplishment for me as I usually give up WAY before then, so...yay me. Maybe this time I will actually get it together in time for swimsuit season.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • As I down my third cup of free coffee I'm thinking that I should get some more ! We have an unlimited supply of kinda OK coffee here at work. Yes not Starbucks mind you but still pretty good. And it does work. I truly believe that the animals I work with would tear down the walls if we ran out of the precious live-giving substance. Must-have-more-now !

    Way to go on the workout !

    By Blogger Dave Scott, At March 16, 2007 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home