We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Training makes for a loooong day

I am in a training class all week at work. From 8-5 with my entire department (most of whom are sick and coughing a ton) I am in a conference room listening to training about automated testing. I am happy to be getting the training cause it will look great on my resume and its important to know, but I feel like I am developing low grade narcolepsy as I try to stay awake. Nothing screams "professional" like a colleague nodding her head trying to pry her eyes open. Sucks.

I have been really depressed the past two nights. It's an awful feeling and I can't really even explain why. I miss my Dad which seems to be the only constant in my life....I just don't really know what else is wrong. I feel like the things I find fun aren't interesting me and I just feel completely overwhelmed. D's back isn't better so I have been having to do everything around the house as well as work all day. I feel like I am sounding like a maryter, but sometimes I just am so tired that I don't want to do anything.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I can totally relate to the training / ZZZZZZZZZ situation. I usually try to get a front row seat if I can. That way the instructor can toss stuff at my head when I get noddy. (is that a word?) PS. Any luck on the laptop problem ?

    By Blogger Dave Scott, At March 07, 2007 1:29 PM  

  • I always try to get a back row seat so if I nod off it can pass unobserved! The worst is when you catch yourself and make a perceptible jerking motion that everyone else around you laughs at!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 10, 2007 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home