We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Thursday, January 25, 2007

"If Jesus loves me then why does my girlfriend have mouth herpes?"

I get coldsores. I have had them all my life (Thanks Mum) They usually pop up when I am insanely stressed, or have got a sunburn on my face, or just to inconvenience me. When D and I first started dating, I got TWO at once. This had never happened before or since, but both sides of my lip were all swollen and disgusting. He has never had one before and was reading up online to find out how soon he would be able to kiss me again. After much research he uttered the words in my blog title. I laughed, he laughed...good times. Now whenever I get a coldsore we inevitably bring up Jesus and his love for me, D and mouth herpes.
I am in a wedding this Saturday as the matron of honour. I have been washing my face extra carefully with new face wash, and making sure that I had no zits and my skin looks awesome for this wedding. Thinking I am all set to go, yesterday at work that familar tingling settled in to my lips and low and behold no matter all the creams and preventative stuff I put on my lip last night, I woke up with a huge lip :( I have been slathering Abreva on it all morning but it just seems to be threatening to take over my face. I am so disappointed cause I dont really want to be immortalized in someones wedding photos with a disgusting lip. I may have to learn photoshop really well ;)

2 Comments:

  • Give your doctor a call and tell him that you need some Valtrex.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 25, 2007 4:05 PM  

  • I wouldn't worry about the wedding photos too much. I once did photo retouching and had to remove a handlebar moustache from a best man who hated the bride. He thought he was wrecking hundreds of her photos, but she got the last laugh.

    By Blogger steve, At January 28, 2007 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home