We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, April 27, 2007

It's Friday, you ain't got no job, you ain't got shit to do

:::
I had really odd dreams early this morning. First one I was at an Ice cream shop with my hubby and I was just leaning over the counter to see the flavours as I didn’t have my glasses on and couldn’t read from the line. An old woman came over to me and started screaming at me that I was trying to steal her turn which was next. I kept calming trying to explain to her and she wouldn’t listen…I suddenly got very aggressive with her and started screaming. (this is VERY un-me. I rarely yell or get that confrontational with anyone) I woke up all frustrated and had to pee. Came back to bed and queue my next dream: I am walking with Justin Timberlake as he gives a tour of his old neighborhood…and we proceed to get in a fight about Britney Spears. I think I have to stop eating before I go to bed!

:::
When I left my house this morning I had such an intense sense of Déjà vu. It was completely sound and smell related, but it was very overwhelming. When I was little we used to spend our summers in Muskoka at our cottage. I remember waking up in the mornings from my bedroom in the attic listening to the rain bouncing off the roof and feeling so safe and secure. My brothers and I would play yahtzee or monopoly, sometimes we would snuggle up in the glassed in sunroom to read old comic books. Watching the rain bounce off the water and When we wanted to go out my Mum would deck us out in cottage rain gear that always seemed to be a size to big and eternally musty. It was just such a nice flash back to that time as I put on my bright yellow rain jacket this morning. Listening to the rain hitting my umbrella. Then I realized that it was starting to absolutely pour and I still have no rainboots! I got to work soaked from my shoes up to my knees. I took my shoes off to dry them in front of Mari's heater, but because they are so old and smelly I think the wet dragged the stink into my socks and my desk area has remained foul feet smelling today. To be absolutely descriptive, it reminds me of the stink of old hockey equipment (my brothers would leave theirs out in the basement between games.)
:::
Tonight we are going to see Jon Stewart do his stand up at the Tower theatre. Should be a good time. We are taking D's parents and heading up to Upper Darby after work. Then I think I have to clean when we get home cause our apartment is really starting to get dumpy again. I don't know why, but I rule at being clean for a few days and then slowly but surely I get overwhelmed again and start leaving my clothes on the floor, not putting away dishes etc and then before I know it I am surrounded with junk. I think the worst thing is paper. D never will throw away junk mail, bills etc they just sit around and collect dust. We even get coupons to places we never go and he keeps them "just in case" I on the other hand am a scrapbooker so I continually keep movie tickets things I cut out of the Metro and I don't organize them at all so they threaten to take over my life. I need to stop being so messy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Another scrapbooker! I totally get the ticket stubs keeping and all that. Wait until you have kids - it gets worse. Well, I assume anyhow, I already had kids when I started scrapping so I guess I don't know for sure but everything else multiplies so scrapbook memorabilia must also. Anyway, I've tagged you! If ya want check out todays post for more details. Maybe next time you are bored at work with no topic to post on? Hope you stay dry over there.

    By Blogger Rebecca, At April 27, 2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home