We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Get questioned!

While reading Stefanie's blog this week I decided to join in with her meme. It's fun and gives you something new to talk about! I have copied the following directions from her: If you want to play, too, just read and abide by the following:1. Leave me a comment (with your email address, if I don't already have it) saying, "Interview me."2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. Do you have a favorite famous quote? (Is it the Oscar Wilde one in your header? :-) If not, what is it?)

Well my blog is named after a particularly favourite quote by Oscar Wilde, but to be honest I am a quote collector. Here are two more of my favourites
"May you build a ladder to the stars, and climb on every rung" Bob Dylan
“Definitions belong to the definers, not the defined” Toni Morrison

2. Do you have any recurring dreams or nightmares?

Good question cause I have actually posted about this before! I frequently dream about a boy I went to elementary school with. I haven’t seen him since 1994 and I don’t really know where he is living now or what he is up to, but I dream about him about once a month. As for nightmares…I dream about my teeth falling out a fair bit, or being loose (post traumatic stress from 4 years of braces maybe?) I also dream about cockroaches every now and then. Barf.

3. What is the first thing you would do if you won two million dollars?

Pay off my student loan (lame) and then take a huge big fun trip with some friends. Wow doesn't that sound like a boring answer. I think I would just like to officially be out of debt before I went and did something crazy. I realize that 2 million isn't enough to retire on, but maybe I could rent a yagt with a hot cabana boy type and sail around the Mediterranean stopping in gorgeous ports to do some fun sunning, eating and shopping. I would love to just not have to worry. Pay off my Mum's house...that would be nice too! I always have these little dreams on the weeks that I buy a lotto ticket.

4. What is one thing that you are better at than most people are?

Being that I am most often very self deprecating this is a tough one to answer. Most people tell me that I am exceedingly nice and friendly even in situations where I would be best advised to be cranky and stubborn…maybe this relates to me always trying to see the good in others and in their actions. So I guess I would say that I am better than most people at looking for the best in people and being friendly.

5. What is one thing that you cannot do to save your life?

From the looks of this survey, reply to a question with only one answer ;) Also, anything other than simple math. This leads to embarrassing situations as it sometimes takes me a bit too long to calculate the proper tip or to figure out a percentage. Luckily D thinks its endearing that I sometimes have to stop and count in my head before putting things down to paper. Hopefully my kids don't inherit that! Also... I can't do anything with my hair other than put it in a ponytail. Whenever I have tried neat hairstyles in ths past I usualy end up combing it out and going back to the trusty ponytail in the end.

2 Comments:

  • 1. Good choices. My favorite (though unfortunately, I can't even recall who said it) is this: "For everything you gain, you lose something else. For everything you lose, you gain something else." I am always thinking about how if I hadn't done X, then I wouldn't have met Y, or if I had chosen Z, maybe I would have W. (I hope that inserting-of-variables made sense.) That quote reminds me that it's all one big "Choose your own adventure" book, and yes, while choosing one thing maybe means missing out on something else, it also means a road to other things you otherwise wouldn't have found. Does that make sense? I know I am rambling.

    2. I've heard that the teeth falling out dream is actually really common. I'm sure it supposedly means something, but I don't recall what at the moment.

    4. Looking for the best in people is something I could stand to do more of. Good for you that you've already mastered that. :-)

    By Blogger Stefanie, At April 20, 2007 11:57 AM  

  • Hola!! I love q's.....hook this sista up!!
    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 20, 2007 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home