We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, April 13, 2007

Taco Flavoured Kisses

:::

It's 2:30 and I just got back from a lovely late lunch. My coworker and I decided that we had had enough so we went to the Mexican place on the corner and had some nachos and some beers for lunch. We waited til after 1pm to leave so we wouldnt be seen by anyone (although it's Friday and it seems that everyone in power is mysteriously working from home). So I am sitting at my desk, with no work to do and a bit of a buzz...how fun. I am making a mental list of everything I need to get in order and packed up tonight. D and I head to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow to visit Grandma Pearl. She is the cutest, littlest old jewish lady you have ever seen in your life. I get a real kick out of seeing her as she shows me off to the other little old ladies who live in her community. This is looking like her last year down there for the winter so we wanted to make sure we visited her so that she got to have some company this year. She lives in Scranton normally and heads down south for the winter, but I think it's too far for her nowadays and she is really lonely now that her husband passed away.
BUT, on a more positive note--I am going to be spending 3.5 days chilling in Florida, hopefully taking some cool photos, swimming, shopping at the largest outlet mall I have ever seen and eating some good food. We only planned this vacation two weeks ago so this is just such a nice little mini-break for me! Looking forward to relaxing and attempting to tan these albino legs!

4 Comments:

  • Beer for lunch on a workday!!! I am so jealous....

    Florida sounds awsome! I hope you have a fab time, get a good tan (meaning I hope you don't end up like a lobster), and get some sweet deals at the outlet mall :)

    I'll miss you while you are gone!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 13, 2007 3:11 PM  

  • Hey Stargazer, Beer for lunch and a trip to FLA ! Sweet. We've had 2 consecutive days of 30 degrees and snow here in CO Springs. BRRR. So think about me while you go for the Coronas and cocoa butter. READ jealous. Love the new layout! Blogger ate my last 2 comments so bumski. How was Spamalot? I want to see it so bad, Love the Monty Python folks. Take care and have a nice trip!

    By Blogger Dave Scott, At April 13, 2007 6:46 PM  

  • It is now Tuesday. I miss my internet best friend. If you don't believe me, check out my last post on my blog....sniff sniff sniff...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 17, 2007 2:25 PM  

  • Hope you're having a great time in Florida... I know Sophie and I had tonnes of fun when we visited my parents in old-folks-land! It's great to be fussed over. Hope we can connect via msn when you get back, I feel like I haven't talked to you in months!
    Xx Tara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 18, 2007 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home