We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, April 06, 2007

T G I Good Friday

:::
It's a quiet lonely day at work today as a lot of people are out and all my friends from back home have the day off work. Alas I actually have to get some work done today! I still have minimal motivation (which seems to be the norm as of late) but I have to get some stuff done. I am still hoping that we can skidaddle early this afternoon. Tonight D and I are going to see Spamalot and I am really excited to get dressed up and hit up a play. We don't get to see shows that often, and since I bought tickets for this back in October, I can definitely say I have been looking forward to it for months!

:::
Last night we went to an incredible restaurant Waterworks to celebrate D's cousin's birthday. I drank about half a bottle of wine and some port so I was feeling very nice by the time we left. We had DVR'ed CSI, so we attempted to watch it when we got home, but apparently we both fell asleep at the same point and woke up to "stay tuned for scenes from next week's episode" Neither of us knew who did it so we are going to have to go for round two tonight. I think that drinking before I go to bed does not help with my sleeping issues. I seem to pass out easily but then wake up as early as usual but am just really out of it. I don't think I get into a deep enough sleep.
:::
I discovered a fun new blog today. I have been really getting into photo blogs as of late and I really want to make mine snazzier and better formatted to share some of the photos I have been taking lately. But I digress: sweep the sunshine is the blog I was talking about. She wrote a really nice piece about "Ubuntu". Which can be defined as “The belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity.” Desmond Tutu explained it this way:
"A person with ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, for he or she has a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed. "
I really liked the idea of that. I think perhaps I have been reading too many self help books or something lately but I am really trying to feel more connected as a whole.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home