We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

AOA (Adult Onset Acronyms)

:::
I have been a bit of a self-diagnoser for a while now. Why go to a doctor when I CLEARLY know what is wrong with me. duh. (this should be noted to be dripping with scarcasm) I have felt for a long time that I have attention issues, but they have seemed to get a lot worse lately. I am having the worst time paying attention at work and I just can't seem to focus on my job. Isn't that awful? I am going through it at home too in that I can't focus on one thing at a time so I have about half a dozen almost completed tasks on the go (laundry needs to be folded and put away, I cleaned the toilet but not the sink, I don't have enough groceries) I am concerned that I put my still unfound Ipod somewhere crazy like in a potted plant because my brain was addled about what I had to do.

To go along with this I have developed a strange form of OCD about some things. I have completely fixated on relearning French. I spent about 2 hours online yesterday looking for good movies in French to watch so I can get some more exposure that way, and I walked up to Barnes and Noble at lunch and got a "Ultimate French practice and Review" It seems weird to me that I can 100% fixate on something so random. Why is that? I don't know what brought this on but I am now almost obsessed. Not in a "stalk you and steal your garbage" way...but maybe "president of your fanclub" way. Eeek.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Hi, I liked reading your profile, we have some similar tastes.

    It almost sounds like you are wanting to escape from the mundane, and who could blame you.

    My daughter has ADD and now diagnosed with OCD and what you are saying sounds familar. The lost Ipod, fixating on one thing. I have not found medication that works for her yet, but I am still hopeful. I guess it depends on how much it interferes with the quality of your life and what you want to achieve.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 21, 2007 7:39 PM  

  • Simple answer...Spring Fever !!!

    By Blogger Dave Scott, At March 22, 2007 3:18 PM  

  • In my own moments of sleeplessness...and all the random thoughts that run through my head that keep me from sleeping...this weekend, I actually could not sleep much past 6:30 (even though I went to sleep at 4:00) and all I kept thinking was "I wonder where her Ipod is...". But I didn't come up with any good answers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 26, 2007 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home