We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, April 20, 2007

A case of the Fridays

:::
I do not want to do any work today. This is generally my thought most other days as well, but for some reason I am just having a really hard time getting the ball rolling into "work mode" today. This is a bit problematic as it is 2:15 and I really don't have a lot to show for the time I have spent here today. I actually spent about 30 minutes or more this morning on this Disney site making myself a fairy. Why you ask? I don't know to be honest! Although now I have two fairies that exist in Disney land and I don't really know what to do with them. However it was a great way to spend some time.
:::
I met D for lunch today at 1 Liberty which is the local mini mall in Center City. We had some ChikFilA for lunch and headed to the Borders Express so I could pick up a book. I ended up picking up 4. I have developed some form of readers ADD lately. I used to be a person who could never put a book down half way and pick something else up. This has changed in the past few months and I don't know why! I am currently reading "The Remainder" "Brief history of the Dead" "Seat of the Soul" and am about to start "The Secret" tonight! What the heck? I used to spend hours reading and would get through a book in a few sittings. Now the only time I seem to read is when I am home alone or travelling (neither of which is a common occurance) So I think I just have developed a super short attention span for books...while maybe its good cause I am no longer reading things that don't grab my interest in the first two sentences, it's bad cause I am spending even more money than usual on books! I have also noticed a movement in the types of books I am reading. I am leaning pretty heavily on the self-help genre as of late. I used to find that really hokey and internally make fun of people who read those types of books, but lately I think it's helping me feel less depressed if I am reading things that are encouraging positive thinking.
:::
Another reason to feel wonderful and not want to be inside working? The weather today feels like spring! Everything in Philly has been so grey for the past 5 months that this beautiful, cloud free day seems like a tease when I can only experience it through my 12th floor cubicle window. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful as well which is such a blessing as my friend Meagan is coming down to visit for a few days. She was last here in the fall a few years ago and it rained the whole time so it would be really nice to get to show her the city in style. The current plan for her visit is Saturday night: try out a new Turkish restaurantDivan (I have never had turkish food...so let's hope for the best) and just hang out. She was one of the co-maid's of honour at my wedding and I haven't had the chance to spend much time with her since then so this will be nice. Also on Monday night we are going to hit up an all you can eat sushi place and then head to a local club venue that has $3 movie night on Mondays...this week it is "16 candles". That was my #1 sleepover movie choice for most of my adolescense so I think it should make for a good night. Have a great weekend everyone :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I am so jealous! A) I love Turkish restaurants...mmm....my favourite one ever is in Brisbane. OMG, if they have pidae (I have not idea how to spell it, but that is how it sounds) order it for appetizer...so good... I ate dozens of them in Oz. And B) I love sushi, but all you can eat sushi makes me ill cause I always eat too much!! LOL!

    The weather up here is great today too! At least you have a window. Looking past my cubby wall...all I get to see is the filing cabinet and a mini cactus plant. Can't wait to go home and hang out on the porch...

    Well, I hope you have a fab weekend, sounds like fun :)

    PS....I've had a case of the Friday's all week. Actually, perhaps for the past year. Woops!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 20, 2007 3:46 PM  

  • I remember the cubby days and don't miss 'em too often. Of course mine was in a one story building that smelled like manure since it was a fertilizer company, way bad in summer. Anyway it sounds like you have a great upcoming week - love 16 candles!

    Thanks for all of your encouragement & understanding comments you left on my blog. I think unless someone has gone through it themselves it can be hard to relate about. Any articles related to grieving would be appreciated. Thanks & have a great weekend!

    By Blogger Rebecca, At April 20, 2007 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home