We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Florida






:::

Here I am with my cheeseball grin and trademark ridiculously large sunnies in sunny Coconut Grove Florida! We got in on Saturday around 2:30pm and headed from the airport to C.G to visit with some family that was spending the week there. Talk about a gorgeous hotel. I am standing on the pool deck in this photo and you could just see the ocean and the beautiful yahts in the background. It was such a welcome change from the grey cool weather we have been experiencing in Philadelphia lately. It was also a really fun opportunity to play with my newish camera.


We didn't get up to anything too crazy, but we just hung out, spent some time with D's grandma Pearl. We did get to go swimming twice, to the movies and out to eat at some tasty local restaurants. I am now completely enamoured with fried plantains.




Here is a photo of us with our kick ass new sunnies.



::: on an unrelated note--how does one line up photos in blogger so that they aren't all over the page and looking like crap?

3 Comments:

  • Woop Woop!! Love the sunnies!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 20, 2007 8:48 AM  

  • You look SUNsensational !

    By Blogger Dave Scott, At April 20, 2007 2:19 PM  

  • Hi, first off I love the title of your blog - a good perspective to keep in life, esp when it really does feel like we're in the gutter. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I think that losing a parent at a young(er than usual) age is always difficult esp when you don't see it coming. I loved the big girl panties card and the photos in Florida are great. I still don't know how to do multiple photos easily without them looking funny on this thing. If I'm doing multiples I usually do small ones and have to rearrange them once they are in the post box. It's a mess and takes longer than doing just one. I'm trying to find a new template that will better suit my needs but no luck so far. Anyway, like your blog.

    By Blogger Rebecca, At April 20, 2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home