We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not so Terrible Tuesday

:::
Even though I have been trying to be more positive lately I haven’t been feeling so awesome. When we went down the shore I weighed myself and I actually weigh 10 lbs more than expected. Not super awesome for the jolt of self confidence I needed. But that was two weeks ago and I have really been exercising a LOT and eating much better than usual. (ok so I had pizza for dinner on Sunday) But I actually feel a lot more motivated to try to get my butt in gear so I can feel better about myself this summer. This morning I dug out a pair of jean capris to wear and they are actually big on me! The butt is a lot roomier and the waist is a lot looser than it was last summer. HURRAY! Perhaps I am firming up in places and just now have a fat brain or something. It was nice to start the day off on a skinny note. I also brought a cute new pair of red heels to wear today and there is just something about wearing heels that makes me feel sassy. So today is starting off on a good note. I think tonight D and I are going on a double date with my friends Mari and Gabe—there is an all you can eat sushi place in Chinatown that charges $20 for all you can eat sushi and it is SO delicious. Then likely home for some American Idol action--anyone want to guess who will be voted off this week? At this point it is anyone's game, but I wonder if Blake's hotness and different style is enough to get him through to the finals.
:::
I started a fabulous new book last night: Eat Pray Love. While I am only on page 25, it just grabbed me right from the introduction and dragged me in. If I hadn't been so tired I think I would have stayed up all night reading. I am loving this Bookcrossing (yeah like I haven't mentioned that enough lately haha) cause it really got me reading again. I took such a long hiatus from reading that now that I am back I feel like I just bumped into a cherished old friend after a long absence. I think that I have just been so depressed for the last 8 months that the thought of picking up a book was just completely foreign to me. Nothing could hold my attention that long and plus TV was just that much easier. So I can say that my list of books to read has grown exponentially! I think I will be doing a lot of reading this summer-->tis good to keep busy while living in a small town.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Mmm...I love all you can eat sushi. There a place here called WonderSushi who does that!! Put then you eat to much and feel ill. But isn't that the case with every all-you-can-eat restaurant?? Funny that I was thinking I wanted sushi this morning :)

    Glad your day is going well!!

    xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 15, 2007 12:03 PM  

  • Hey, Just browsing blogs that mention bookcrossing and thought I'd say Hi while I was passing through...

    By Blogger S, At May 17, 2007 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home