We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thankfully Thursday with photobooth pics


:::
I am wearing fresh out of the dryer jeans today—which means that they are just a wee bit tight. Didn’t notice til I sat down at work and now my butt is feeling a little squashed…hope it’s not indecent work wear! (They aren’t normally hoochie jeans, just feel that way right now!)

:::
I didn't get up to too much last night. I started obsessively digging out books and starting to register them on bookcrossing. D is getting a bit nervous that I am going to start giving away all my books, but I just thought it would be fun to put in the ones that I have yet to read. I KNOW when I move home this summer I am going to get my friend Erin hooked on this and we can start exchanging books and leaving them all over our small towns. I actually started my first "bookring" this morning AND mailed out the book at lunch. A bookring is where you find people who are interested in a book you own and like a chain letter with way better results, you send the book to the first person in line, they then read it and send it to the next person in line and so on. I am very excited as this is the first book I know someone will find and actually journal about. weeeee. I just wish I found out about this in the fall before I gave away 4 huge bags of books. sob. I think that everyone who knows me would say that i am a passionate person, but I think that sometimes it might weird people out with how carried away I get with things I love. It is true that I tend to get really excited by things and sometimes when they don't turn out the way I want I let them go by the wayside. (ie--took knitting lessons, made half a vest. Hated it so I gave it up. Took quilting lessons LOVED it, but I don't have room in my apartment to have my sewing machine set up anywhere...doesn't mean I won't be all over it when we have a living space larger than a shoebox) I had told my friend Hugh about this yesterday and he said that he thought it was cute the things that I get so excited about...so hurray for being cute and passionate. wooooo.

:::
No big plans for tonight. We were going to try to have a date night, but there aren't any movies out we want to see at the moment and it's supposed to thunderstorm later which kills all the fun outdoor stuff. I think we are going to rent 'Shaun of the Dead' and check that out before we go see Hot Fuzz with some friends on Friday. Also coming out this Friday is 'Waitress' looks amazing. Even the ever cynical writers at pajiba.com gave it an amazing review. Plus Matlock is in it so what more could you ask for?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home