We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Urgh again

:::
In typical "me" fashion I have left things to the last minute and I am starting to freak out with the packing scenario. I promised D that I wouldn't leave the apartment a total mess in my wake but at the moment it looks like a dropped a bomb of my crap all over our bedroom and living room (photos to follow--I have already packed camera cord. yay. one thing down) We are both trying to get things done but since we tend to both get overwhelmed in chaos there is no defined leader getting our asses on track so we are both stumbling around the apartment trying to suss out what should be done next. I needed a break so I am blogging while he hits up the treadmill for a few minutes. I keep wanting to say "Ok well let's just worry about it later" but my flight leaves at 8am on Friday so that means later is now. Also I don't want us both running around like idiots on Thursday night and inevitably fighting cause we are discombobulated. Phew...big exhale here. I have never been a really organized person and it is moments like this that I wonder why I am not an organized person cause it would really really help me thrive. Ok...now for the positives--I get to see my Mum, brothers and grandparents in two days. My best friend is driving up to see me on Saturday...really those are some good things to look forward to. I wish I could just teleport myself to Friday afternoon--already got to Canada, no worries with flights, customs etc and it's smooth sailing. (Plus my crazy anal mum will have me unpacked and ready to go in about 20 mins!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Nice use of "discombobulated"...I like it!!

    Good luck with the packing ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 31, 2007 8:52 AM  

  • I'm a little late on this one. I hope that you were able to finish up getting things ready. If you're still sorting things out I would say make a list. Take 5 minutes to sit down & write out everything that you need to get done. Then start checking them off as you do it. I love lists. I don't worry if I'm forgetting something & checking stuff off lets me see the progress I've made. Enjoy your time with hubby before your vacation. I hope all goes well with your travels.

    By Blogger Rebecca, At May 31, 2007 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home