We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Day



When Hub originally asked me if I wanted to attend the Phillies home opener with him and Alan I thought it would be a fabulous idea. I pictured us sitting in the stands, sipping a beer and reveling in the gorgeous spring weather. I forgot the "April Showers..." bit. As you can tell from the lovely grey colour of the sky, it was a rainy opening day. We sat huddled up with our bright blue ponchos on drinking coffee to keep warm...not quite what I had in mind. Also we lost. BADLY. I think "got creamed" is the proper sports terminology. 13 -5 and it wasn't for the Phillies. I guess you could say I am a fair weather fan. I love cheering my heart out if we are winning; but I am not at all diehard enough to sit in the rain cheering when we are losing so badly. Does that make me a bad person? I think not. Just a cold, soggy and wet one this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home