We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, September 28, 2007

The weekend approaches

:::
And unfortunately I won't be taking much part in it. It is the yearly craft show weekend here in small town Ontario and that equals a crazy busy fruit stand. I think literally bus loads of people stop in to buy baked goods, apples and get some small town hospitality. The only thing keeping me sane is that friends of mine are supposed to come up to take me out to dinner Sat night. Jen is about 16 weeks pregnant and I want to rub her belly and hear all about the exciting plans she is making with her hubby. They want to come up and take some pretty fall photos so we just need to get together and we can both be happy.
:::
Yesterday I started doing something that I have put aside for more than a year now...quilting. I had wanted to make one for my cousins daughter who is now 6 months old, so I got a move on and have the top almost finished now. I also bought material to make one for Jen's little bean (who they figured out was a boy and they have named him Liam) and have started looking at one to make for my friend Melissa who will need a gender neutral one. I also want to make one for myself. However I am the QUEEN of UFOs (unfinished objects) so I need a little help and motivation to get them going. My friends mum is a quilter and she said she would be happy to help me get something together to finish them (see I can sew the tops but I don't know how to finish them off) So I am hoping to get the tops finished soon and I can have her help putting them together.
:::
I am having a hard time walking today as my legs are all cramped up from kickboxing. HAHA. What a workout though. 27 years of pent up aggression can finally come out. I am not a yeller so this is new for me and it feels fabulous! I was going to get up and go for a run this morning but I am really stiff so I am going to go for a nice long walk with my Mum instead. I plateaued for a while with the weight loss but I am starting to notice a change again. It is really exciting. I guess right in time for fall!

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like you've been busy! The quilting sounds great. I made one for my mom a few years back, with the help of my grandma who has made many & teaches sewing so having the help is nice. Congrats on your friend's pregnancy, I just found out my sister is pregnant. It's exciting. Be sure to post some pics of your finished work for us to see. The kick boxing sounds great, I've always had an interest but have never done it.

    By Blogger Rebecca, At October 04, 2007 9:43 PM  

  • Make sure you take pics of the quilts so we can all see how clever you are! Miss you!

    By Blogger Stephen and Tara, At October 28, 2007 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home